I made this cake for my wife on her birthday. Very simple and easy to make.Ingredients
- 1 (18 1/2-ounce) pkg. yellow cake mix (and ingredients that it calls for)
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding (and ingredients that it calls for)
- 3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 round 9” baking pans
1. Make cake mix according to directions on the box. Pour into 2 9” pans and bake as directed on package. Cake must be cooled before layering.
2. Make the instant pudding according to the instructions on the box. Pudding must be set before layering between cakes.
3. Assemble cake. Take one of the round cakes and add pudding on the top (add as much as you like) and then place the second round cake on top of that.
4. Melt chocolate in small saucepan; add milk. Stir in sugar, (add half cup first. If not sweet enough, add the remainder) butter and cook over low heat until slightly thickened. 5. Pour on top of cake.